7.03.2008

Σεντούκια




The trip to Sendoukia was one of the most interesting excursions I've been on during my time in Skopelos. Being up at that burial sight gave me chills. It was the highest up a mountain here I've been, we took a long moment of silence to take it all in: the incredible view, the graves, but especially the eerie feeling that we experienced there.

I think my sixth sense would have to be the thoughts that went through my head at this place. It is rumored that pirates created these graves, but our intuition told us that this site took a lot of hard labor to build: the graves were perfectly chiseled out of the rock with perfect right angles; this was a place built for someone more important.

The feeling at the top of that mountain gave us a feeling of royalty, even holiness, and I'll never forget that weird sense of being in a place where so much work was done, in order to give whoever these people were, a incredible resting place.